Sunday, January 10, 2010

Home Sick


Happy new year and yes, I have really been a bad blogger. With the holidays and work it got away from me. As did allot of things.
We had a nice holiday break. Nothing exciting to really tell. Just the five of us (this includes the dogs) Karter made a haul as normal. Every year I say I am going to limit it, but then I see something that I know he would like (Or I want). This year it was this little remote controlled mini helicopter. I had my eye on it this past week and the other day I was home alone and decided it was mine! Karter and I had words over it on Christmas day...something about it being his and he wanted to play with it blah blah blah. But, he and Tony were gone. It is a tricky little bugger.You have to be very gentle on the trigger or it flies out of control and will hit you in the eye and cause a small amount of blood. How do I know this....well lets just say I need to learn to duck and let go of the trigger when it flies at you. I know, its all fun and games until someone looses an eye. I will master it sooner or later.
We went over to Jackie and Joels (Co-workers) for Christmas dinner. OOH! I forgot to tell you of the great adventures of our office Christmas party! Dr. Peterson....you will love this.
OK, so the office I work in as you know is a bit different then any other office I have been in. Very how do I say it...liquid.We all like to get together and enjoy food,fun and...well they enjoy the booze. We were at a local Mexican restaurant and they put us all downstairs.The stairs were questionable, but what do you do? As the night progressed so did the spirits.Lots and lots of spirits. I Shannon sat back and watched.After a couple hours of this I looked at my co-worker and said it was time to go, so we left. After we left, my other co-worker,Jackie fell down the stairs.She feel backwards down the stairs and slammed her head on the concrete floor. She was out. In fact they really thought she was dead. She did not move and was not breathing.Dr.Guy was right there and was trying to not move her when she came to. We still don't know what that was about. Well long story short.The EMTS arrived and took her to the hospital. She had a brain bleed and does not remember any of the the events. She was in the hospital for 2 days. She is still in so much pain. She is very tiny (size 2) and really hurt her ribs and neck. That was on December 16.It was so scary. I am so glad she is ok....still healing, but ok. Now you would think this is a lesson to us all on how not to drink. Nope, 4 days later at the "2nd office" Christmas party it all started again. This time there was no EMTS, but 1 bottle of red wine on the carpet and rum all over the lab floor. I went home. Never a dull moment at work! It is not a real party until the EMTS are called.
As this month started, I started to have a weird yearning for Boise.I have missed my friends and family allot with the move but this was different. I have not missed Boise or really want to come back and visit.I was content with being here. Until now. I am home sick.I think with everything happening with mom and her week stay in the hospital and the holidays, it just finally hit.I need to go home for awhile. I need a Blimpie sandwich,a Cobby's sandwich,I need to eat at the cheesecake factory,olive garden,cafe'ole...wow, am I hungry. I want to see my friends and see there faces, not just their face book logs.So, I am coming home for a visit.I will be there March 25-April 6. Dr. Guy is going to Hawaii and I am taking the time too.I was going to bring Karter, but flights are to much right now. We are sending him home this summer for 2 or 3 weeks to stay with gama & papa. 3 weeks without my son...hummm wonder how that will work?
We are all well! All healthy and been very well for the winter.We have dodged H1N1 and it seems staying home with no friends is the true way to stay healthy. hahah
I hope this finds you all happy and healthy as well!
Much love
The Eskimos
P.S. The training for the 2nd annual running of the reindeers has begun! Feb 28, 2010!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Feb 28 is John's birthday, he loves weird animals, such as riendeer...so you'll have to think of him during your race ;)

Can't believe the wildness that comes out of that office. Wow! Keep the stories rolling!

We sure miss you. Especially with the baby coming, I'm flashing back to Jacob's birth....and you were always right there. Working out John's schedule around his birth. Even let Jake touch your harley when he got older. True love from aunt shannon, oh and you taught him to drink through a straw. Wait til you see him...you'll never know him....except he looks like John so you couldn't miss him!

Love your FUR!!!!!
Keep posting.