Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday Happenings

The season has begun. People running around and pushing you out of the way.Stealing the parking spot you have waited for and shoving you way to the back of the elevator with boxes and bags of gifts. "Joy to the World" is screaming out of every speaker in the store and if I hear the "Little drummer boy" one more time I am going to go nuts! Happy Holidays all! I was off early today to get some great deals at JC Penny's. They always have such great deals on Doorbusters! I get really excited on Wednesday when the flyer is in the newspaper. The people at work like to hide it from me because I wait all week.Today was the day 7-1pm and I was off by 9:00am. I had a bazaar to stop at and then off to Anchorage.As I drove to Anchorage I came over the hill and I had a view of all the mountains and ocean that took my breath away.It was so clear and crisp.The mountains were sharp and looked like I could have just reached out and touched them.Although winter can be rough up here,this reminded me how lucky I am to have these views.It still is a treat for me to see such beauty.Ok, back to the good stuff..doorbusters!
I was on my way to the parking lot and got the bestest parking spot right off the bat! Whoot Whoot this was a great sign of things to come! I leaped out of my car and bolted to the elevators....I pushed the button and off I go!No one in sight...Haha I had out smarted the Alaskan people yet again.The bell dinged on floor 2 and the doors opened. I swear I heard the angels sing!I was VERY wrong...It was a screaming child and 300 people waiting to get into the store.Holy Crap! What have I done?
I stop and think what is my beat move....leave and forget it or push on and continue to think I have out smarted the Alaskans! I push on and I push several small children and elderly ladies..I see the door and dart in! I have made it alive! I take a deep breath and move on to the men's area.Two flights of stairs and I stop for a breath and see the elevator I could have taken (this is where I miss my glasses the most)I find what I am looking for...three shirts,a leather jacket and 1 remote controlled helicopter ( I am tempted to by myself the helicopter, but I guess Karter wants it more and when I break it, I will blame him)Ok, off to pay! Record time I have made 33 minutes,got everything I wanted and some more just in case. I see a counter where no one is at...I walk really really fast (Ok, fast for me)I start to set my stuff down and HA! A large black lady almost knocks me down with her small child in corn rolls and beads.Her hair could put an eye out.I do not let this happen.I shove my hip just to the right enough that the coat she is buying falls on the ground. Success! I win! HAHAHAHAH I smile at her and smirk in jest. I showed her. Take my counter.I begin the ring-up...$10.44 a piece for the three shirts. $17.44 for the leather coat (Yes, you read right!) $14.44 for the helicopter. My total $51. and some change.But wait...I have a 15% off coupon up my sleeve. I look around at the crowd and remove the golden coupon! People gasp!(Ok, not really, but go with it) I slam it on the counter..."BAM"! take that JC Penny's. The clerk looks and obeys. Total for this event? With all my discounts...$44.87.HELLO the crowd goes crazy!
I jump a little in my spot and grab my bags before there are any questions. I ROCK. Now I know we are all really happy for Shannon and know we are getting to the end of our story...Ohh no.Lets think back to when Shannon jumped out of the car and ran to get into the store. What did she forget to do? Perhaps look where she parked and what floor? ooh no. This she forgot to do. Now, the parking lot is 5 stories high and I am not sure where I parked on which level.I do not realize this until I get to push the button.Fear now envelops me.Where is my car. It's cold,I have all this stuff and what if that black lady and her child finds me? I try floor 2...nope no car. Floor 3 nope no car.4,and even the top just in case....no car. I have to stop for a minute. What did I drive anyway? My teeth are now chattering because I did not wear a coat (did not match the outfit)and I was in a parking garage. Down I go.5,4,3 and then like a beacon...floor 2 and one ford explorer on the corner! Thank you Jesus! It took me 15 minutes to get warm.I spent more time trying to find the damn car then in the store.BUT, I had won! I had great stuff and still had money in my pocket.I showed them.Now, the real issue. I have to go to Costco...on a Saturday. :(
Love to all!
The Shopping Eskimo!

1 comment:

Sara said...

This is so funny. Exactly why I stay at home like a hermit after Thanksgiving.

We need to talk about your glasses. What happened? Is santa bringing you a new pair?

Your deals were so AWESOME! That is the only problem with being a hermit.....no good deals. But, I wait until the new year to get good deals....it keeps me sane....plus no Lady and kid with corn rows is after me ;)