Monday, February 22, 2010

The break down of the 39 year old body!

Ah the times I have had over the past week! Never a dull moment in the Davis house. We are all well and melting here in Alaska.It has been in the low 4Os's and I swear spring is coming. My pussy willows are budding and is February! Fur rondy is this weekend and this time last year it was 10 degrees and we had tons of snow.
With it staying light more and the weather improving we have been getting out more. Last weekend we planned to go out for a family night of neon bowling. Thought it would be fun for us and Karter has wanted to do it for awhile. Off we went. We were meeting one of my co-workers and I was looking forward to some fun as well. We were there maybe 20 minutes and Shannon had to ruin the fun. I had chosen my ball and was returning to the lane to place it on the ball return. I did not make it. Instead,I fell on my face. There was a small step the separated the carpet from the wood floor. The carpet was black and it was dark in the alley and I did not see it. When I fell, I heard the worst cracking and tearing noise from my ankle. The pain was instant.Tony's back was turned, but he was soon right there to peal me up. I have never felt such sharp pain. I had fallen on my wrist and right knee at the same time. Karter got the ice and I got to sit. I did not want to leave and disappoint Karter, so I watched and really wanted to just go home, but he was having fun.So, after a couple hours, I hobbled out and into the car. Every bump on the way home was huge. I was sick to my stomach from the pain and just wanted to go home. Once i got home, i remembered I had several stairs to try and climb...FUN! Long story short....Sunday morning we were off to the ER. X-rays and braces later...I had fractured the first MTP joint and the head of the metatarsel.In english...broken ankle. I had also sprained my wrist and Hurry! a stabilizing boot and arm brace were mine! A week later and I am able to just wear a brace and the boot if I have swelling. I was so glad to have it off yesterday.We went for a short walk and it did OK.BUT,as the night went on, I had this odd pain in a tooth. It was hurting and very sensitive. Weird...I have never had teeth issues and what was this? Pain? A toothache? ooh yes, a big toothache.Into the night and early this AM.I was to the point that pulling it myself was a great idea.One x-ray later and a root canal was in my future.Again...hurray! I have never had a root canal and did not want one now. Dr. Guy was great...numbed me every two hours until we could get it opened.The tooth was too hot and we had to medicate it until it calms down.What a day!Antibiotics and Advil.I am done! No more for me! I am coming home in a month and I swear I will be in one piece.Will this keep me from running with the reindeer this weekend...NO! I will walk it!I have priorities!Stay tuned for the pictures and fun!
Love to you all!
The "broken" Eskimo!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow! What a crummy week!
You must have been hurting pretty bad if you let someone "else" tame that tooth. Sorry to hear it.
But hope you are on the mend. Can't wait to see you next month!